Frequently Asked Questions
Tax Free and Export
- Q:1 Do you export to my country and what about delivery costs?
Yes, we will send your order to any country in the world. We have an experienced and efficient dedicated export department that have handled deliveries to pretty much every where! Please note that if delivery is outside Europe (or more precisely the EEC) please ensure you have checked what your local taxes/duty will be. These will be your responsibility and are outside our control.
If delivery costs are not shown, then we will quote for delivery costs once your order is placed. No payment is taken and the order will not proceed unless you approve the order and its delivery costs.
- Q:2 Export: Do you export orders and not charge VAT?
Yes. If you have logged into the site and selected your country correctly, you will see prices excluding VAT.
If you are new customer or have not logged in yet, then VAT will be removed once you do. If you have not logged in and want to know the price without VAT then divide the price by 1.2.
Note some items in the UK/EU do not have VAT to start with (i.e. childrens clothing, books etc).
Note VAT is due for countries within the EU please see HMRC for more information.
If you are taking goods overseas we can supply the relevant paperwork to obtain your VAT refund at most ports and airports (this is handled by www.premiertaxfree.com)
- Q:3 Why do you require or prefer that my order is made to my home/card holder address?
If you request that your order is sent to an address other than the card holder invoice address there are two possible problems which are easily avoided;
(1) The delivery is refused because you are not known at the address (relevant in the case of large companies, hotels, sailing venues)
(2) Once the delivery is signed for at your nominated delivery address, loss, theft or damage subsequently found is not covered by our insurance.
Delivery to your work address, neighbour, sailing club etc is possible however we need to make you aware of problems that might occur - in particular when the items are large and/or fragile. More Info on delivery of fragile or delivery to third party addresses
- Q:4 Why have you asked me to pay by Bank and not by using my credit card?
This normally occurs when you are new customer to us and your credit card is registered overseas.
Credit card companies do not guarantee payment to us or any store for payments made by credit card. We therefore request you pay direct to our Bank account or in some situations suggest you pay by PayPal (although this is not an option in some countries).
We recommend Transferwise for making your Bank payment, since
(1) There fees are very low
(2) The exchange rate is very good - normally better than most Banks, credit cards and/or PayPal
(3) They are fast (normally 1-2 days before we receive payment)
You can of course use your own Bank directly if Transferwise do not support your country or you are more familiar with your own Bank.
- Q:5 Why do you request payment by Bank and other stores take my credit card
For new export customers this is entirely at the risk of the store taking the credit card, there is no guarantee of payment. We take credit card security very seriously and this is the recommended policy of Visa and Mastercard.
- The system has sent me my password and I want to change it to one I can remember?
You need to login first with your old password and then update it to the one you would like to use. Change My Password
- What should I do if I do not receive my goods?
We normally provide tracking information which is sometimes sent from our carrier, please check that for an update. Please wait 7 days if you are in the UK or 15 days if you are overseas. If you do not receive your goods after this period of time, please call or email us with your order number. This number will be included in the e-mail you received when you ordered the goods from our warehouse. We will strive to resolve the issue immediately. Emails are sent to you at each stage of order processing and you can check the status of your orders from your account section on the site.
- How do I return an item?
Please see the link at the bottom of ever page "Returns" for help.
- Is there a min/max rope length that can be ordered and how do I specify the length required ?
Rope is supplied by the metre, the minimum store order value is £10.
- How is Rope measured?
It is measured in metres