Delivery Of Fragile Items and/or delivery to third party addresses
The following applies to spars, foils and other fragile items and/or delivery to third party addresses
Please ensure that whoever signs for the package removes the items and inspects them - even if the packaging looks ok (the packaging recovers from dents - alloy does not!). You may be able to sign unchecked if they won't wait. If signed received in good condition, this invalidates any later claim for damage. This is beyond our control and is standard with any carrier and/or insurance policy.
You are responsible for the delivery being received and checked at the address you have nominated, they are acting on your behalf as your agent. This also includes it being refused or lost – this is particularly applicable to third party addresses like sailing clubs, hotels, etc
1. Remove and inspect the items in the delivery before signing. Sign "damaged" if unsure or "not checked".
2. We cannot accept a claim for damage if you or your agent just sign for the package (i.e. you are signing for receipt in good condition by default).
3. Whoever signs for it at your delivery address is signing for you - i.e. make sure that family members are aware, site manager, goods inwards manager etc.
4. Once goods are signed for. If they are subsequently stolen, lost, miss-placed or damaged etc then sailboats.co.uk cannot be held responsible.
5. You will be responsible for a delivery being refused and returned at your nominated delivery address.